Author Topic: Monolaurin  (Read 3629 times)

Offline Nese67

• Rating: +0/-0
Re: Monolaurin
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 01:07:24 AM »
Oh yeh it tastes great,although I love coconut.
Just be carefull if you take this & are on thyroid meds.
Nese
May God Watch Over Us & Give Us Strength Through This Illness...Let's Pray For A CFS/CEBV Awareness & Possible Cure
Nese

slim

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 04:17:25 PM »
Good articles - Thanks

slim

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 04:10:36 PM »
I love the stuff.  I think it has helped me with everything.  I cook with it, put it in my coffee, use it as a moisturizer, and on and on and on.  I try to eat between 3 and 5 tablespoons a day.  It takes a bit to get use to - at first, in December, I gagged and gagged; now I crave it.

Offline dsg

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 03:28:31 PM »
I had this link to a monolaurin study.  It is a really good anti-bacterial for Staph and Strep.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0PDG/is_10_6/ai_n21066514/?tag=content;col1

There are other articles about how monolaurin reduces the lipid coating of EBV, so that it can't attach.

http://www.advancedhealing.com/uploads/Microorganisms_Inactivated_by_Monolaurin_under_Laboratory_Conditions.pdf
http://www.advance-health.com/coconut.html

I couldn't find Monolaurin on the shelf, but have taken pure coconut oil.  The oil also contains other fatty acids (caprylic acid) which fight yeast overgrowth. The dose is 3 tablespoons of the oil before meals.  When i ran out of veg oil last week, i used it to stir fry Chinese style chicken with broccoli.

Offline Nese67

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 02:41:35 AM »
I did coconut oil too..nadda for me ..but we're all differant & unique.Be carefull with Coconut Oil it can increase Thyroid Metabolism.
Nese
May God Watch Over Us & Give Us Strength Through This Illness...Let's Pray For A CFS/CEBV Awareness & Possible Cure
Nese

Offline Worriedtobits

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2009, 10:45:27 AM »
Sorry !

The monolaurin is the active ingedient in the coconut oil which is supposedly good at fighting viral infections !

WTB

slim

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2009, 09:41:30 AM »
Crud!  I was hoping for something positive.

Offline Nese67

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 01:31:06 AM »
didn't do nothing for me..took it when I first got Mono..it is something you should take in the beginning I was told...that was 2 years ago.
Nese

slim

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 03:25:43 PM »
I found this:

For Epstein-Bar Virus,  Herpes 1 & 2, or other chronic viral conditions:

300 mg Capsules - 6 capsules of Monolaurin when there is a flare-up
and 2 capsules as a maintenance dose during dormant periods.
600 mg Capsules -  3 capsules of Monolaurin when there is a flare-up and 1 capsule as a maintenance dose during dormant periods.
Sometimes the herpes virus can be activated by Monolaurin and then killed, resulting in a Herxheimer-like reaction.  Similar protocols have been used with the Epstein-Barr virus (closely resembling the herpes virus), which may be responsible for Chronic Fatigue and even MS (16, 17).

It might be worth a try!

slim

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 03:22:11 PM »
I don't understand the post. 

Is it the active substance in the oil or in EBV?

Offline Worriedtobits

Monolaurin
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 02:39:10 PM »
Hello All

I have read in several of the posts in here regarding the benefits of coconut oil, ive read up a bit on it and have noted the active substance for EBV to be monolaurin, monolaurin can be purchased as a supplement on its own.........................has anyone any experience of it ??

Hope ya all get betta soona !

WTB